I need to get my act together. I need to stop lying bed and trying to distract myself from reality and actually take a hold of it. I know this definitely will not be easy for me but I need to start acting and stop waiting. I’ve come up with a list of some things I need to do over the next few months.
- Clean my room– My room is a mess, I’ve put aside cleaning it for weeks and it looks awful. I thought it didn’t matter due to the many other thoughts that have been consuming my brain turns out I was wrong. I heard that a tidy room can lead to a tidy mind and I’m pretty sure that’s true because my room is just as messed up as my head, a physical reflection of my mental state. I plan to start cleaning tomorrow.
- Work more hours- I’ve been offered an internship at the charity shop I volunteer in. It will require me to work 12 hours a week and can help build up my CV to get paid employment. So I think I will take that internship.
- Do a photography course- Photography has been my main interest for a while now and, in the future, I want to make a career in it. I ‘ve looked at 3 colleges that will allow me to do a photography course and have arranged open days with all of them.
- Spend more time with people who make me feel good and less time with those that don’t- This means blocking certain people on Facebook and my phone, people who clearly don’t give a rat’s arse about me and only care about themselves.
- Strengthen my relationship with God- I was raised to be a Christian however over the past few years I’ve lost faith and become distant from God. I have been reconnected with him recently but now I need to focus on strengthening and maintaining my relationship with him.
- Take care of myself- This last one speaks for itself.
That’s all from me today,