I got bored staying at home so I went to the supermarket with my mum. A little while ago I did some research into food that can help people with depression. So I thought it was the perfect time to shop for these foods. My shopping list included;
- Turkey- not what I’d expect myself to be eating since it’s not Christmas but turkey contains a high amount of the chemical tryptophan which helps stimulate the production of serotonin.
- Walnuts- contain omega-3 fatty acids which can lessens the symptoms of depression and support brain health.
- Tuna- a type of fatty fish. Fatty fish, like walnuts, contain omega-3 fatty acids
- Low fat yoghurt- All low fat dairy products contain certain proteins that can make you feel more relaxed.
- Brown bread and Weetabix- contain wholegrains which contain carbohydrates that can make you feel good.
- Green tea- contains an amino acid called theanine which can make you feel calmer.
- Dark chocolate- helps release serotonin.
I sure hope these foods work, I don’t want to have to keep relying on my medication to feel okay. The link below is to the website I got this information from;
That’s all from me today,